Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Vacation Wrap Up {Fri & Sat} Pt.2

Did you miss the first part? Get caught up here.

Friday was our first and only full day at the beach. It was blissful. Pure joy! That is, until I become a spokeswoman for Red Lobster. Oh yes!

My Dad had taken the day off of work to join us at the beach, and Aunt Barbara made an appearance too! The morning started out hazy, but by afternoon the haze and fog had burned off to reveal beautiful blue skies! It was so pretty and peaceful...I may or may not have just laid in the sand for four hours. I bet now you are understanding why I become a lobster?

View of the condo from the beach!

We had dinner plans at Aunt Catfish's, which if you are in the Daytona Beach area you MUST eat there. It really is so delicious and we love the atmosphere. We showered and changed for dinner...I felt fine. Half way through dinner my sunburn hit me like a ton of bricks! We sat at a comfortable corner booth inside and all had some fresh Florida seafood except for Mom because she does not like to eat anything that swims! Dinner was delicious as expected!


 Stephen's Mexican Shrimp & Grits
 My Coconut Shrimp and Sweet Potato Fries

We finished up the evening with a photo session on the condo balcony, it was the perfect day at the beach...minus the 3rd degree sunburn!


Saturday, we packed up the condo and headed home to my parent's house. I say we packed, but I honestly did not do anything because I felt so sick. I am not sure if it was because of the amount of sun I got on my backside, my lack of sleep, or my high blood sugars or what but I felt so icky. Thankfully, after some ice water, rest and medication I started feeling well enough to eat something (mango pineapple smoothie, yes please!) and stop at the outlet mall in St. Augustine for a little retail therapy. Stephen and I scored great deals at the Gap Outlet! We got, 2 pairs of shorts for me, 3 sweaters for me, a flower headband for me and a hoodie for Stephen all for under $50.00! I was really happy about our savings and the additions to our fall wardrobe for next season!

Saturday evening I finally got to meet Hunter's girlfriend, Jessica for the first time. We double dated with them to MoJo's and had the best BBQ dinner. I love MoJo's and actually find myself craving their BBQ Turkey Salad all.the.time. I forgot to take a picture of our food, but I promise it was so good!

After dinner we had a couple errands to run and stopped at Rita's (#2). We found out that my Aunt and Uncle were watching fireworks at the mall in OP so we headed that way. Turns out that the OP Mall was putting off this fireworks display and we had awesome seats in the back of a cemetery. It was kind of spooky and cool all at the same time to get in a cemetery after dark. Thankfully, we had a quilt in the trunk of my car to make ourselves right at home!




Too be continued...

Part Three is coming soon!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad y'all had such a wonderful vacation and 4th! It's so great you got to spend some quality time with family-great pics :) xoxo