Friday, July 8, 2011

Vacation Wrap Up {Wed & Thur} Pt. 1

Hello, hello! We are back from vacation and still getting back into a normal routine. We had a such a great time and took way too many photos, but that is no surprise is it?! Honestly, I have no idea where to even begin wrapping this up and showing you the pictures. I think the breaking it up is the best way to do this, beginning with Wednesday and Thursday!

Vacation + Pictures = LONG, picture filled posts!

Lets get started...ready, set, go!

Stephen and I both worked full days on Wednesday and got home around 5. We had set a goal to leave by 5:30. We ended up being out of the house at 5:34, which is considered a victory in my book. Leaving 4 minutes behind our schedule became a trend on this vacation...you will see why at the end! We started our trek to Murfreesboro, Tennessee to stay for the night. This is the first time we have broken the drive to FL up and stopped somewhere overnight. Let me just say that it made the world of difference! This was our hotel:

We stayed at Country Inn and Suites. I was tickled by this hotel because it looks like a house! I was able to book the room through work and ended up saving a bunch, which was a huge blessing! I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through the area, it was clean and the staff was very nice! They also had a great hot breakfast that filled our bellies before continuing onto FL Thursday morning.

The drive to Florida was a little longer than usual because we were meeting my family in Ormond Beach. I was so excited about seeing and smelling the beach...agh! We only goofed off in the car a couple of times...


This is a fact: I cannot make the drive from IN to FL without gummy worms. They are my crutch. There, I said it! So, after a bag of gummy worms and a couple stops for gas we arrived in Florida. It was wonderful to see my Mom, Grandma and brother Hunter and get some food. We hit Ruby Tuesday's for dinner because it was close to the condo and we knew it would not be packed like the other beachy, seafood places near by. Afterwards we headed for some desert. Have you heard of Rita's Italian Ice? If not, I am so sad for you because this place rocks! We ended up eating there 3 times over the course of our week and Florida. Yummo!

Their cups say "The World Needs More Rita's" and I could not agree more!

Dear Rita's, please PLEASSSSE open a location in Indiana soon. Preferably in the North Manchester area. Thank you!


The rest of the night included an attempt at night swimming (the pool lights went out as soon as we were in sight), mini golfing and riding in Hunter's truck. Oh the fun!


We finally got our tired selfs in bed and slept oh so soundly, even on the rock hard sofa sleeper. We needed our rest before the rest of our vacation unfolded! :)

Part 2: Friday & Saturday coming up next!


3 comments:

Kaysie said...

How fun! I love your blue necklace. My mom makes cluster necklaces like that. I'll have to show you her Etsy site once it gets set up. :)

Cindy @The Flipping Couple said...

So fun!! We just got home from vacation too and it's so hard to snap back into reality! I'm glad another weekend starts tomorrow. : )

Megan said...

Ahhhhh, so jealous!! Looks like y'all had fun! I love your necklace in those last pictures!